Comment 9 for bug 617725

Revision history for this message
Trenton D. Adams (trent-bugzilla) wrote :

Yes, I did the commands in comment #6, while the system was running, and my mdadm.conf was not updated. I then did a live pvmove over to the new md device, update-grub, update-initramfs, and rebooted. It wasn't until I did the command to force writing the config to mdadm.conf that it got there.

I'm not sure that the other bug is the same. Mine only occurred when I actually switch to using raid arrays. When I update my mdadm.conf with the appropriate configuration, it just works. But, I'm not an mdadm expert, so it's possibly this is a duplicate of the other one.